Xanthelasma Palpebrarum. Yellow cholesterol deposits around the eyes removal treatments in Kent & Sussex
Xanthelasma Removal Treatment
Spot the difference; a fresh outlook!
If you are suffering with bumpy yellow patches on the inside corners of your eyelids or below your eyes, you may have a condition known as Xanthelasma palpebrarum (XP).
Xanthelasma are soft, yellow coloured cholesterol deposits around the upper or lower eyelids. They are fatty deposits classed as minor growths but do not affect the function of the eye area. While cosmetically, they can be annoying, they do not cause pain, itching or inflammation and do not necessarily indicate that the patient has high cholesterol, however, you may still like visit our wellness nurse to get your cholesterol levels checked.
Our Dermatologist will diagnose your Xanthelasma by examining the skin around your eyes during your consultation before advising you on treatment. Erbium and Carbon Dioxide Lasers can be used to successfully remove these cholesterol deposits in just one treatment. The procedure involves resurfacing the area affected and removing the lesion with high precision. Erbium or CO2 Laser removal offers accuracy and removes the lesion with little or no scarring and little or no pigmentation both which occur at higher rates with other forms of removal.
Xanthelasma Removal using Laser is straightforward and takes around 15-20 minutes per eyelid. It is completely pain free thanks to the use of numbing and local anaesthetic (so you can stay awake throughout). Following the procedure, a small abrasion will appear in the treated area. Soon a small scab will form which takes seven to ten days to heal. During this period, it is vital to allow natural healing and natural release of the scab. Most healing wounds simply need to be kept clean, however, your doctor may provide you with an anti-bacterial ointment to use for a short period of time following treatment (usually three to five days).
A Syringoma is another form of lesion which can form around the eyes. It is a benign tumour of the sweat gland which appears as tiny white bumps on the lower eyelids, upper eyelids and cheeks. Syringoma’s can be improved dramatically with the Erbium and Carbon Dioxide Lasers. Although these laser treatments are not a cure for this condition, many patients are pleased with the results as significant improvement can be achieved. Typically, local anaesthesia is required, and multiple treatment sessions are necessary to obtain the maximum benefit from this type of treatment.
Why should I have my treatment at rtwskin?
- Our practitioners are all highly experienced medical professionals: Since we opened in 2006, our practitioners have performed over 50,000 injectable procedures meaning that we are highly experienced in what we do. We are a training-orientated clinic and regularly send our practitioners on training days to keep up with all the latest techniques.
- We are both Save Face and CQC registered: This means that we have to abide by certain rules and regulations to ensure our clients are kept safe at all times. In fact, we recently passed our CQC inspection with an “Outstanding” rating.
- Service and care: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that you visit, and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible.
- High quality equipment: The equipment we own, and use raises the status of rtwskin as a clinic. It is a strong indication of the value we place on quality as all lasers are not the same. We use only the highest quality equipment mainly from European manufacturers, and we are proud to be the UK reference clinic for DEKA Laser, which is one of the oldest and finest manufacturers of medical lasers in the world.
- 24/7 care: Our phone lines and emails are managed twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week meaning if you have a concern or feel that you are experiencing an adverse reaction, you can seek help quickly.
There is a very small chance Xanthelasma will return in the same area or another area even after treatment. This is one of the main reasons why we do not advise surgical removal of Xanthelasma as it can leave a scar and further surgical excisions may end up in excess skin removal. Erbium or CO2 Laser removal offers accuracy and removes the lesion with little or no scarring and little or no resulting pigmentation both which occur at higher rates with other forms of removal.
Just the one! Naturally, the area will be sensitive to sun for a few months, and you should use a sunscreen of SPF at least 30 for about 6 months.
Take a look at our price list and you’ll get an idea of the range. Prices start from £450. Don’t forget you can join our loyalty scheme and save money on regular treatments, so that’s a lovely bonus. We will be open and honest about prices when we meet for a chat at the very first consultation, so that you can make your decision in your own time. And the consultation is free.
We’re not into pain at rtwskin! Our medical professionals are trained to minimise any discomfort. A scab will soon form where the little white spots once were, and you can be confident that this will disappear within 7 -10 days.