Hand Rejuvenation – Treatments for ageing hands in Tunbridge Wells
Hands treatments for volume loss in Kent and Sussex
Inject your way to more youthful hands…
Our hands are particularly vulnerable to the damaging effects of our surrounding environment. Exposure to the sun’s damaging UV rays can lead to blemishes and pigmentations such as “age spots”. As we age, the subcutaneous layers of fat become thinner and sadly we lose about 7% of skin thickness per decade. This leads to veins, bones and tendons in the hands becoming more prominent and bonier. There are several factors including the reduction in skin elasticity and volume, dermal vascularity, sun and chemical exposure and smoking which all contribute to ageing hands. These changes can result in a ‘skeletal’ appearance which many consider unattractive.
Frequently the focus of cosmetic improvement is in the face, yet one of the most age-telling body features which are often neglected is our hands. The natural fat padding which we are born with begins to lessen in our late twenties and early 30’s. By the time most of us approach 50, we have hands that tell the truth about our age and often they can actually make us seem older than we are!
Loss of volume can be reversed with dermal filler such as Ellanse. Ellanse injections work to plump and replenish volume to the back of the hands to provide a youthful appearance instantly. They raise the skin level so that tendons, joins and veins lose their prominence. What makes this product truly unique is its ability to act as a scaffold underneath the skin, providing structure, while at the same time stimulating the growth of new, natural collagen which continues to produce for several months, meaning the results will continue to improve over time. Results typically last up to four years with Ellanse.
There are several options or a combination of treatments available for ageing hands at rtwskin:
For restoration of volume we prefer to use Ellanse to help stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of dermal vascularity and bones on the back of the hands.
Mesotherapy provides deep hydration which in turn works to reduce the crepey appearance of the skin.
Q-Switch Laser or Co2 Laser Resurfacing helps to reduce pigmentation commonly known as “age spots” as well as firm thinning hands.
Ellanse: a new class of Dermal Fillers…
Ellanse is the first of a new generation of Dermal Fillers which works differently to the more traditional fillers which only address lines and volume loss through a direct filling effect. Thanks to its unique properties Ellanse stimulates your own collagen to correct skin ageing on your hands, treating the underlying causes of ageing right at its root.
Improves and reduces bony appearance and vein prominence on the back of the hands.
Gives hands a softer, fuller appearance which signifies youth.
Reduces the dark colour of the veins.
Stimulates new collagen in the skin which continues to produce for several months.
Results improve over time.
Improves the overall skin quality.
Ellanse is the first of a new class of Dermal Fillers that works to naturally regenerate volume and restore the shape of your face that time has taken away. Thanks to its unique properties, it not only corrects wrinkles and folds but also stimulates your own collagen production to really treat the underlying causes of facial ageing. The effects are gradual and longer lasting giving you a natural youthful appearance.
After the treatment(s) some common injection-related reactions may occur, such as swelling, redness, pain, itching, discoloration and tenderness at the injection site but generally they are not significant. These typically resolve spontaneously within 2 to 10 days.
Mild bruising or a slight blush might appear at the injection site immediately following treatment and may last for 2-10 days.
Results typically last up to four years with Ellanse depending on the product which your practitioner recommends for you.
1. Our practitioners are all highly experienced medical professionals: Since we opened in 2006, our practitioners have performed over 50,000 injectable procedures meaning that we are highly experienced in what we do. We are a training-orientated clinic and regularly send our practitioners on training days to keep up with all the latest techniques.
2. We are both Save Face and CQC registered: This means that we have to abide by certain rules and regulations to ensure our clients are kept safe at all times. In fact, we recently passed our CQC inspection with an “Outstanding” rating.
3. Service and care: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that you visit, and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible.
4. Premium products: We use only premium and FDA approved products for our injectable treatments.
5. 24/7 care: Our phone lines and emails are managed twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week meaning if you have a concern or feel that you are experiencing an adverse reaction, you can seek help quickly.